Collagen Stimulation Micro-Needling – Dermapen
A micro-needling facial is a treatment that promotes the natural stimulation collagen production to create a smoother, firmer and more toned skin. This is done by microscopic needles lightly causing a tiny trauma to the surface of the skin which then triggers the body to respond by sending all the blood, oxygen, nutrients and most importantly collagen to the area to repair.
A needling treatment will encourage the skin to respond with rapid scar-less healing, minimal invasive treatment requiring only a small downtime as you may experience minor redness for 24-48 hours post treatment. It is a safe procedure that is suitable for most skin types, although darker skin types may need further consultation to ensure no risk of keloid scarring.
Benefits of Micro-Needling
- reduce appearance of lines and wrinkles
- reduce appearance of scars / acne scarring
- reduce appearance of stretch marks
- improves appearance cellulite
- improves appearance of enlarged pores
- improves lose/sagging skin
- improves appearance of sun damaged skin
To carry out the collagen stimulation therapy the Dermapen 8 needling device is used to achieve superior results compared to a derma roller, which can cause more unnecessary swelling to the skin. In addition the usage of quality mesotherapy solutions such as growth factors, hyaluronic acid, amino acids, vitamin and peptides are added, each treatment includes a personalised blended Mesotherapy formula to exclusively address your skin concerns.
How it works
- Dermapen is glided over the skin and microscopic channels are stamped into the skins matrix
- Stimulates a wound healing response with intense renewal, repair and rejuvenation
- Dermapen pierces vertically, which prevents skin from tearing – reducing inflammation
Microneedling can provide drastic results improving the appearances of the scars. The micro needles of the device create new collagen and elastin to be generated and deposited called collagenesis, however the added benefit of new capillary growth is also a result which can improve blood supply to the area which helps create healthier existing skin as well as provide a healthy foundation for the new skin. Microneedling keeps the epidermis integrity full intact while treating the area which quickens healing time and causes less pain.
Fine lines and wrinkles
Microneedling promotes a process of new skin growth through the science of Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). The most effective way to stimulate or “Induce” new skin is by micro-needling with the vertical stamping method. This new stimulation can be done quickly and easily while keeping the epidermis intact and down-time to a minimum. Microneedling device allows for appropriate treatment needle depth to activate the cascade of fibroblast and growth hormone to generate more skin, collagen and elastin for smooth and healthy coloured skin. The skin of the epidermis effectively thickens and becomes noticeably smoother therefore evening stretch marks is the result.
Targeted Area Micro-Needling
This treatment focuses on small targeted areas like the top lip, eyes, jowl lines or forehead.
£95 per treatment / course of 3 £270
Standard Dermapen Micro-Needling
This treatment includes the full micro-needling facial using a bespoke serum to help guide the pen and hydrate the skin whilst needling, plus a soothing, calming mask at the end to hydrate. Topical anaesthetic is not used in a standard dermapen micro-needling treatment as the needle length is not deep enough to require it. Aftercare cream is given post-treatment. Mesotherapy HA Skin Booster can be added to this micro-needling treatment to enhance better results for anti-ageing, this is at an additional cost of £50.
Note: the use of topical anaesthetic is generally not used during standard dermapen treatments.
Face – £125 per treatment / course of 3 £360 with HA Skin Booster £175 per treatment / course of 3 £510
Neck – £100 per treatment / course of 3 £285
Face & Neck – £150 per treatment / course of 3 £440
Advanced Mesotherapy Needling
Advanced collagen stimulation therapy needling treatment includes; a chemical peel, micro-needling and the use of advanced Mesotherapy solutions. This advanced needling treatment is working slightly deeper into the skin than the standard for more aged skin and acne scarring. In addition to the Dermapen 16 needle cartridge and a single (nano) needle can be used for deeper lines/wrinkles and acne scarring. A mild resurfacing chemical peel is applied to the skin prior to needling, and personalised Mesotherapy solutions are used throughout the treatment that are tailored to best suit your skin concerns, LED light therapy can be used for calming, soothing or hydrating mask.*
Mesotherapy HA Skin Booster can be added to this advanced micro-needling treatment to enhance better results for anti-ageing, this is at an additional cost of £50.
Note: the use of topical anaesthetic can be used, set guidelines have to be adhered which will be discussed with you at the consultation.
Face – £165 per treatment / course of 3 £450
*There is a slight down-time to the treatment as you may look a little red for up to 24-48 hours afterwards, any single lines/wrinkles worked can take up to 3-5 days to heal. It is advised not to apply cosmetic make-up until 48 hours post treatment, mineral make-up is an alternative and can be discussed at the consultation.
For optimum results, a course of three treatments is recommended depending on your skin concerns. Deep acne scarring may require up to six treatments.
The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing and to help achieve the best possible results from the treatment. This aftercare advice will be automatically emailed to you once you have booked your treatment, along with treatment consent form.
- The treated area of skin may feel slightly tender and appear red and swollen afterwards. You may occasionally experience skin peeling and appearances may be similar to mild sunburn. These effects will resolve naturally and should be much improved after 48 hours but may take longer to settle. You may experience some minor bruising which may take 1-2 weeks to resolve in some cases.
- Use a mild cleanser with tepid water to clean your face for 2-3 days after the treatment and gently dry the treated area. Keep your hands clean when touching your face.
- Avoid any perfumes, fake tan or other harsh chemicals for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid any makeup for 24 hours after treatment as this can increase the risk of infection.
- Avoid rubbing or picking the treated area.
- Avoid any skin exfoliation for 72 hours following treatment.
- It is important to use a regular moisturising cream around two to three times a day on the treated area. Use more regularly if you feel the skin dry or peeling.
- Avoid any products that contain alpha hydroxy acids, retinol, and glycolic acid for at least 7 days after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, saunas, sunbeds and exposure to heat for 72 hours after treatment. These can cause sweating which can irritate the delicate skin and slow down your ability to heal quickly.
- Avoid swimming for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid any excess alcohol or caffeine for 48 hours after treatment.
- Wear SPF 30 or greater sunscreen for at 2 weeks following treatment as your skin will be more sensitive to sunlight afterwards. It is recommended to wear SPF daily 365 days of the year.
- Avoid any further cosmetic treatments e.g. Botox or dermal filler for 2 weeks following treatment, or ask your practitioner for advice.
- Avoid any hair removal treatments such as waxing for 2 weeks after treatment or until the initial redness and swelling has resolved.